Mentor MP DC drives are reversing or non-reversing digitally controlled rectifiers for DC controlled electric drives.
They are designed to control the speed of DC motors of various types by changing the armature voltage at constant torque in the range from zero to rated speed.
Mentor MP is the fifth generation of Control Techniques DC drives. The control circuits are derived from the control circuits of the Unidrive SP AC drives. This makes the Mentor MP the most advanced DC converter with optimal characteristics and adaptability to automation systems.
There are a large number of DC motors in operation around the world in a variety of applications, most of which are capable of further work. By replacing old drives with new ones, it is possible to achieve maximum motor performance, increase system reliability and connect digitally via Ethernet and other communication buses to modern control systems. Equipment downtime is also reduced as only the inverter is replaced.
Typical applications for which Mentor MP is suitable
- Cranes and lifting equipment
- Testing machines and dynamometers
- Magnetic grabs
- Elevator conveyors
- Rubber industry
- Wire pullers
- Paper industry
- Marine applications
- Glass industry
- Material Handling
- Spindle drives
- Recuperative rectifiers for returning energy from multiple inverters operating on a DC bus
- Easily interchangeable with Mentor II - same dimensions, power terminal locations and easy to use SW tools for interchange
- Enhanced field control with FXMP for higher field currents
- Incomparably more flexible control by using software tools developed for AC drives (e.g. SYPT, CTScope)
- Maximum reliability due to a unique lightning protection system
- Protection of control circuits that are galvanically isolated from the power section by a unique patented technology
- System integration with modern fieldbus networks including communication via Ethernet, EtherCAT and Profibus
- To reduce higher harmonics, 6, 12 and 24 pulse line voltage rectification systems can be used
- Meets RoHS and other stringent requirements for environmental protection and responsibility